Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and Hollow City by Ransom Riggs

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children : ★★★★★

This is my series coup de coeur  this summer.♥♥♥

The story was gripping, a very well put together novel. It has funny lines that I find myself laughing out loud! It also has some suspense and chilly moments but overall it’s not a horror story at all. The cover might look spooky but you’ll understand as you read the book that the photographs are just an element to the story ( a marvellous element I must add). It is really dark fantasy at its finest!  Discovring unique characters with peculiar characteristics, you will be enrolling on adventures one after the other. I must admit that I didn’t feel like this since .. Harry Potter! It has that kind of easy reading but still enterntaining. Since the beginning, I fell in love with the writing , never knew that simple sentences can be so fun to read, so inspiring that it takes us entirely to another world.

If you’re the kind of person who likes Xmen or Harry Potter you would definitely love this book . Why? Because it introduces us to a new world of superpowers and magic, tales and fantastic creatures.

“When someone won’t let you in, eventually you stop knocking.”
Ransom Riggs, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children

Hollow city : ★★★★★

The sequel didn’t disappoint at all! I love reading series and I’m always impressed when the second novel is even better than the first one ! It irons out the kins of the first one.  The action never stops. Truly enhancing the storyline with more adventures, more fun and more character development too. We get to know more about the peculiardom. And .. that ending though?! I can’t wait FOR THE THIRD ONE! Please come faster..

“I liked this idea: that peculiarness wasn’t a deficiency, but an abundance; that it wasn’t we who lacked something normals had, but they who lacked peculiarness. That we were more, not less.”
Ransom Riggs, Hollow City

Graphic Novel: Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children : ★★★★☆

LOVE LOVE LOVE. Experiencing the story in a different medium.. especially Graphic Novel *screams* ! Fangirling right here.. hhaha. The art was really good but I find that it focuses more on the person traits than the environment , I wanted more details but it doesn’t make it a bad graphic novel.  It’s a really nice recap of the book !

They announced that there will be a movie coming soon ! And the director is ..TIM BURTON ❤ YAS PEOPLE. I’m just so freaking excited right now hahah ! They revealed the movie’s logo. What do you think ?

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 2.26.16 AM

1. idlecupcake says:

I absolutely love all of Tim Burtons work! Will have to put this series on my ‘To Be Read’ List for sure – thanks for the recommendation! 🙂

1. transhaan says:

Yess ! I love his work too did u see Big Eyes? 😀 I’m happy that you want to read it tell me about it when youre done 😉 -Trang

1. idlecupcake says:

no i haven’t yet..that’s probably the only thing I haven’t seen by him. is it any good?

1. transhaan says:

Hahah it was good 😀 I liked it ! It’s artsy and the acting is really good !

2. idlecupcake says:

Hey just letting you know I nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
        Thanks for great posts and for some great book recommendations – I started reading Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children yesterday and I am loving it so far!!
        – Aneta x

1. transhaan says:

OMG-!! THANK YOU SO MUCH ❤ I'll do it hhhah I really appreciate it!

3. idlecupcake says:

No worries! you deserve it!
        Can’t wait to see your answers 🙂
        xx

2. Ashley C. says:

I absolutely LOVE these books as well. Definitely some of my favorites! Did you know the third book in the series — “Library of Souls” — comes out on Sept. 22nd? I already have it preordered on Amazon and CANNOT wait for it to come out! I just recently bought the graphic novel but haven’t read it yet. The fact that you liked it so much makes me more eager to read it.

Have you read “The Diviners” by Libba Bray? You might like that as well. It’s another one of my favorites. She also wrote The Gemma Doyles trilogy (unofficial title) which is probably my all-time favorite trilogy. You would love that if you liked this.

PS. I randomly came across your blog in my Reader today and just had to comment when I saw your review. I plan on writing some book reviews on my blog as well at some point!

1. transhaan says:

Wow hahah thank you so much for all the recommendations:D ! No I didnt know about The Diviners but I will definitely put it on my to-read list 💕! And YAS I PREORDERED IT TOO HAHA 😍😍 Hope you like the graphic novel as well ! I must say that for us who read all the books the dialogues may be redundant for us hahaha 😉 but lets just appreciate the artwork and the medium ! -Trang

1. transhaan says:

They are realy fun to read ! 🙂 Hahah thank you for passing by! -Trang

3. Aziuki says:

I WANT THESE BOOKS SO BAD ❤ ❤ AFTER READING YOUR REVIEW I HAVE TO BUY THEM

1. transhaan says:

HAH GO GET THEM 😉

4. Galit Balli says:

I loved reading these books a lot and I can’t believe they are making a movie about them (sooo cool) 🙂
    Loved reading your wonderful review ❤ It's such a fun post, thank you so much 🙂

1. transhaan says:

Thank you so much ! 🙂 And I know right ?!💕😍 I was so excited when they announced the movie !! I really hope its going to be a great movie ahha :)-Trang

1. Galit Balli says:

Yeah I hope it will be great 🙂 I love the books so much and it’s hard when the movie is just not that good as the book…

1. transhaan says:

I totally dig you LOL and btw ! I nominated you for the Sunshine Award 🙂 https://bookidote.wordpress.com/2015/08/09/sunshine-blogger-award/

1. Galit Balli says:

Aww, how sweet… Thank you so much for the nomination ♡

5. Ayunda says:

I actually disliked the first book… For me it wasn’t as creepy or scary as I expected and the characters weren’t very memorable. The plot was also a little weird and overall I didn’t enjoy reading it, and I actually sped up by the end of the book because I just wanted to get it overwith. It just didn’t live up to its potential and doesn’t deserve all the hype surrounding it, in my opinion. I haven’t read the second one though… But I honestly hope the movie will be better than the book.

1. transhaan says:

I’m sorry to hear that you disliked the 1st book! That’s the downside I guess with all the mainstreams and popular books haha you can have too much expectations or it just didnt live up to it and I can totally understand that 🙂 I have hope that maybe you’ll like the second one ? *fingers crossed haha* Tell me what you think about it if you ever want to read it ! Thank you for sharing your thoughts it’s always fun to hear what others have to say 😀 -Trang

1. Ayunda says:

Yes, I was also really disappointed. I don’t really know if I’ll try the second book in the near future, but I’ll definitely see the movie when it comes out, just to you know, compare 🙂

6. Pingback: Harry Potter Tag