Ladies and gentlemen,
We are glad to present to you a brand new award. An award that was given to us to put us on a podium among new bloggers. We would like to give a big thank you to Ana Slanina for nominating us for the Liebster Award ! It is really a pleasure for us to have followers that appreciate our new blog. We will continue to thrive and put up more reviews for the world to see. We’re eternally grateful to all our followers, for their interactions and the continuous interest in our reviews. We hope to keep things going and have more folks join us in this virtual diary. A diary we love to share with the online peeps. A diary that’ll grow to be less personal and more communal.
Rules for The Liebster Award Nomination:
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them
- Answer the 11 questions
- Nominate bloggers for this award who have less than 500 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- You can’t nominate the one who tagged you
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
Here are our answers for the 11 questions that were asked to us by Ana Slanina.
1. What is your favorite cuisine?
I have to go with my mom’s and pop’s spaghetti. Italian cuisine is definitely my favorite though. So much awesomeness on a plate.
2. What is the one thing you are most scared of?
Eh boy, you don’t chill with me without knowing that I absolutely despise spiders. Small, giant, invisible, I don’t give a f**k, those things aren’t getting close to me. Ever.
3. If you had the opportunity to return in time, what would be the one thing you would change?
On my end, I think history should remain untouched so that we may learn from all the unforgivable mistakes that were done.
4. What is your biggest goal in life?
Becoming Batman. Alright, alright. No, seriously. Getting rid of crime that pollutes our cities is my ultimate goal. To achieve this, I will probably not wear the cape and the cowl, but I’ll definitely try to contribute through research.
5. What person influenced you so far?
Influenza. Baa-dam-tss. In all seriousness, so far, the people who influenced me are those that aren’t capable of being true to themselves. People who feed on lies, discretion and secrecy to justify their actions. These people show me how to not live my life and that’s a lesson to remember.
6. What’s the best part of being a blogger?
If you ask me, blogging has so many upsides. From interacting with my followers and learning on their perception of a book to creating content, the whole writing process. I’ve never really attempted this before and this was a great chance to explore new projects.
7. What will be some of your strengths that helped you in blogging?
I absolutely don’t like to “brag about myself” in any form possible and this question sure does make me feel like I’m about to. I’d still say that my writing and analysis skills (bringing insights) might be my fortes.
8. Where would you like to be in blogging 5 years from now?
Trying to become a well-known reviewer in 5 years. Reviewing books for big name companies, like Barnes & Noble, Indigo, Chapters, etc. would be a dream come true for us. Well, atleast when it comes down to blogging and Bookidote.
9. Would you encourage other people to make their own blog? How?
Definitely ! Blogging is a very creative way to work all sorts of areas of the brain. Yeh, I’m going to assume it’s scientificaly proven. Blogging can keep your imagination working and helps you exert all your thoughts and emotions. If writing and computers are things that scratch the surface of things you love, I’d suggest them to give it a go.
10. What is your dream destination? Why?
If you ask me, the Bermuda Triangle is undoubtedbly the place I’d want to visit. This classic cliche for a no man’s land always intrigued me and being there for myself would be awesome ! Although, i don’t know how to swim so the fear of drowning might be my biggest obstacle for this adventure. 😀
11. What would you do if you would have superpowers?
With great powers, comes really great power. Assuming I’d have the necessary powers to do what I’m about to say, I’d probably go for relatively evil approach. I’d bring chaos to our societies in order to show the flaws in our political, economic and social spheres. It would probably look like a V for Vendetta crossed with Batman crossed with the Justice League. Yep. That’s what I’d do.
To continue this continuous process of awarding new bloggers (or at least bloggers that haven’t reached a 500 followers + milestone), here are our nominees:
Teens and Tweens Bookclub ( we know you’ve done it 😉 )
Aneta ( we know you’ve already done it too 😉 )
Now for our set of questions for the nominees to answer if they feel like doing this. We’re definitely not forcing you guys to do this, we still want to nominate you guys 🙂 :
- Who’s your favorite movie actor?
- If time froze for 15 minutes and you could move around, what would you do?
- If you could fight with anyone (even deceased people), who would you fight?
- Would you rather kill an innocent person or have a killer as a son?
- What got you to start a blog?
- If you were to lose one of your five senses, which one would it be? Why?
- Career-wise, where do you see yourself in five years?
- If all books were to be burned, what one book would you memorize to immortalize it?
- If you could be in the middle of a movie, what movie would it be?
- What’s your definition of success?
- What would you add to your every day life to make yourself a better person?
Thank you so much for this award and it’s a pleasure for us to spread the word about other blogs as well to see our blog get some light thanks to people who nominate us. As always, keep on doing what you guys do best and we hope y’all will keep on checking us out at Bookidote !