Here’s my 5 stars review of The Unseen Face by Joannes Rhino! Now let’s begin 🙂
It was actually my friend in high school who first spotted my writing talent, and so I thought how cool would it be to be a writer. And just like that, everything happened naturally after that.
2. Where do you get your inspirations for The Unseen Face ?
The Unseen Face is actually based on my close mate’s testimony about his disease. He had struggled with mental disorders since the loss of his loved ones. His story was very triggering for me to come up with The Unseen Face. However, it also elicited a lot of unexpected responses, negative or positive. For that reason, and to protect my friend’s personal life, I decided to twist up some of the facts. The content of The Unseen Face, however, 80% is based on actual event.
3. How do you organize your schedule and time in writing a book?
I keep myself organize, and I commit to write every night between 12am until 4am.
4. How long did it take to finish writing this book? What was the hardest part in the process?
The hardest part in making The Unseen Face is how to make the book a page turner right from the first page, because most of the times I got carry away by telling something so detail that shouldn’t and made it boring.
5. What advice would you want to give to an aspiring writer ?
Be yourself! That’s very important. I mean, don’t try to write using your favorite author’s writing style. Use your own style, and don’t be afraid to show people what’s inside your head.
6. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
The turning over point of my life had occurred when someone handed me a novel by Paulo Coelho “The Alchemist” and a motivational book by Rhonda Byrne “The Secret”. Those books really changed my perspective about life,
7. When you are not writing a book, what are your other hobbies ?
I play games, watch movies, travel, play with dogs.
8. If you could choose to be a character in a book, who would it be?
Well actually I play my own role in the book. I am Richard, the main character’s best mate.
9. The main character in your book is dealing with a lot of psychological disorders, how did you build up a character like that ?
All of my characters in my books are related with me. They could be myself, my friends or someone I know in real life. Having said that, it’s easier for me to feel the emotions of the characters.
10. What is the main message of your book ? What do you want to say to the readers ?
A key word of the spiritual message here is FORGIVENESS. We have to remember that everything is giving by purpose. Hatred and revenge are not the best friends in our spiritual journey. Non ability to deal with negativity is leading to serious crimes, psycho problems, crumpled life and as an end result – wrong direction and wrong Spiritual Choices.
A big thank you to Joannes Rhino for sending us a free copy in exchange for an honest review and for taking the time to answer our questions. We are honored that you shared your book with us and we hope the best for your future projects.
You can purchase his novel here !