MY RATING: ★★★★★
“Even in the Future the Story Begins with Once Upon a Time.”
― Marissa Meyer,
A Cinderella story retelling in a Big Hero 6 city and the same fun and enterntaiment as Harry Potter. Oh and instead of a princess, it’s a cyborg. Yes, that’s what Cinder is about and IT’S AMAZING! Set in the near future in New Beijing, Cinder is a cyborg with a complicated and twisted past who has to help one of her sister avoiding the deadly plague that reigns over the nation. In the meantime, the Lunar is taking opportunities of the plague and the weak citizens to plan and take over the planet. Seriously, doesn’t this sound fun to you? LOL
So to be even more obvious, here are the reasons why you should read the book :
- Cinder is not your usual little princess-please-come-to-my-rescue we all know about. She’s a cyborg, smart-ass one, who needs no one but only determination to do what she has to do.
- Every character is interesting. Like EVERYONE. Even the hateful Godmother.
- It’s set in New Beijing, with a mix of all cultures. So the prince, he is mix asian and caucasian. Isn’t that awesome? I think we should encourage more diversity in books and I’m glad to see that this one has proved it.
- It opens up a whole new observation about the furture of cyborgs and humans. Can we live peacefully with them?
- It has the same magic, sparkle as the original Cinderella story ! Yes, yes there’s a Ball too 😀
- Queen Levana is one of the greatest villains. She has a mysterious and twisted personality. Even though she’s mean, I couldn’t help it but be hooked by her. As if she did has the effect of brainwashing me in real life. LOL Can’t wait to hear more about her !
- It’s the beginning of a 4 BOOKS SERIES YES YES! THERE ARE MORE. And guess what?! Each book is inspired from a fairytale woohoo ❤
8. Because Iko is the best friend and sister you’d always wanted:
“We all have our weaknesses.”
“I know,” said Iko. “Mine is shoes.”
― Marissa Meyer,
You can purchase the book here!