All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

SADSAMY RATING: ★★★

“The great thing about this life of ours is that you can be someone different to everybody.”
― Jennifer Niven

I think everyone heard about this book now hhah so I’m going to put a summary from Goodreads here:

Theodore Finch is fascinated by death, and he constantly thinks of ways he might kill himself. But each time, something good, no matter how small, stops him.

Violet Markey lives for the future, counting the days until graduation, when she can escape her Indiana town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister’s recent death.

When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it’s unclear who saves whom.

2016-02-03 09

This one was a hell of an emotional ride. The first half of the book, Violet pisses me off and then the event comes. After that event, it makes me want to cry through every page. I believe when a book is being able to make you feel a lot of emotions at the same time and eventually crying from sadness in the end, is a good book.

tumblr_m275fpn1yr1qmi4yb

All the Bright Places explores mental illness in an interesting way. People who read it from the first pages, will say that it’s an insult to people struggling from mental illness. As you read further and finish the book, you will understand something greater. This book is about moving on, this book is for friends and people who have someone suffering from mental illness. You get to see 2 perspectives, but in the end, it’s really just one perspective and it is from Violet. Because Finch, as much as he wants to tell us what goes on in his mind, he didn’t really understand it himself .We are left with what we think he is thinking.

And there will be a movie featuring Elle Fanning  ! Honestly, not a fan of Elle Fanning after Maleficent but hope she will be better in this movie haha. fullsizerender

You can purchase a copy by clicking here ! Thank you ! 😀

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 2.26.16 AM

1. mamandapanda says:

I’m so glad you wrote a review of this one. And I 100% agree with you! A hell of an emotional ride! I don’t care that some people find it depressing and bad, I find it beautiful in so many ways and I’m glad you agree with me! Great review by the way!

1. transhaan says:

Hahah thank youu 😀 ❤ I think this book both made us very vulnerablee T__T Brought tears to my eyes man.. when I didn't expect it !

2. Amy says:

There making a movie of this!!!!? Guess I should hurry up and read it haha! I love books about mental illness (is that twisted of me? lol) I’ve been meaning to read this for the longest time I really should get on it!

1. transhaan says:

HAha Yes they are making a movie!! 😀 I think every YA novel now has a potential to being made into movies LOL and nooo that’s not twisted at all :O I am fascinated by it too!!

1. Amy says:

They really do get so many YA movies from books these days!!

1. transhaan says:

Yeahh :O Did you see Me Before Youu Trailer? Damnn I have the book but never read it LOL

1. Amy says:

I read the book like half way through last year before I knew what it was about and I like balled my eyes out the entire book hahaha! Tears galore!

3. I really enjoyed this one as well!

1. transhaan says:

Niice !! 😀 What did you like best about the book ?

1. Finch! His character is very well done. Even though I cried a river, I think it’s a great mental health story. There aren’t always HEA.

1. transhaan says:

True that he was soo unique !! And it makes me realize how mental illness can affect everyone even those with the greatest minds 😦 I CRIEDDD SO MUCH. LIKE IT WOULDNT STOP 😭

4. Beth Jones says:

Great review! I absolutely adore ATBP, it’s just so heart-wrenchingly beautiful!

1. transhaan says:

Hahah yess 😥 Man.. I ended up crying without knowing it.. like how WORDS HAVE THAT IMPACT T_T

5. I`m so glad you liked this book, I too loved it when I read it!

1. transhaan says:

Yeahh I was certain that I was going to hate it in the beginning because Violet pisses me off HAH but then..man EVERYTHING CHANGED 😂😅

2. transhaan says:

Btw you’ve been tagged ! In our Love tag 😀 Happy VDAY! https://bookidote.wordpress.com/2016/02/14/the-love-tag/

6. Tasha says:

This has been on my TBR for really long. I’m not sure I’m ready for the emotional turmoil. Between this and Me Before You, I’ll be having a tearful March.

1. transhaan says:

AAHAH 😂 TOTALLY UNDERSTAND! No worries 😅 If you plan on reading it I suggest this summmer 😉 or anytime before the movie comes out 🙈

2. transhaan says:

7. I love this book and couldn’t put it down. I am a little sceptical about the movie as I too am not the biggest fan of Elle Fanning, I’m just hoping they make the right choice in choosing Finch 🙂