MY RATING: ★★★★☆ (3.8)
“How do you rid the Earth of humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.”
― Rick Yancey,
With the movie release, everyone has rushed in libraries to pick up this book and to see what it is about (well that’s what most bookworms do LOL). I couldn’t help but notice the bad rating of the movie and it got me thinking why is it soobad? I mean, c’mon Chloe Moretz!! She is such a bad-ass! So after reading the book here is what I thought about it.
Things you should bring to the 5th Wave’s journey :
1. Post-its. HAHA okay guys, really, there are some funny , laughing my ass off quality quotes in this book . I ran out of post-its and what I litterally did was .. taking the last post-it I had and tear it pieces so I can use it for other pages. How desperate is that? I loved the narration and I think it was one of my favourite thing from the book. The tone the author was using was perfect.
2. Your adventure side, because oh my god, this book is filled with action and suspense !
3. Your Patience. Like it ot not, I must admit here. This book has a lot of plot holes. Sometimes I feel like: ouhh the author is going in this direction so much can happen, with this ,with that, and then you don’t hear anything about it later.. Don’t leave me here.. alone..creating other beautifu plots.. in my head.. T_T
5. A TEDDY BEAR. Well, I mean SAMMY THE LITTLE BROTHER WAS ADORABLE.AND YOU’D WANT A TEDDY BEAR.
4. A swimsuit. So I can swim away from the romance in this book, holaa #the6thwave. I wasn’t a big fan of the romance sorry. One of the male characters seem even creepier and stalker-ish than I imagined.
5. An elastic. For your hair (if you have long hair). That way you can embrace that kick-ass feeling and ready for action, naa.. it’s just so you wouldn’t have hair making obstacle while you’re reading ! AHA #not relevant to the review.
Overall, I recommend it to anyone who wants a good dystopian action novel but still like a little bit about aliens invasion (although they don’t mention a lot of details about them,and again.. some plot holes! Now, I have to see the movie haha 😀
I also did a Read-Along with a few bloggers, click here to read the discussion post!
If you want to buy the book, you can purchase it here !