Monthly Wrap-Up | March 2016

HEY EVERYONE! ❀

It’s that time of the month again! What a month for books! Well, isn’t every month a great month for books? BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS! πŸ˜€ Here’s our march edition filled with all our previous posts, our book and comic haul as well as our books and cinema discoveries. Hope you check out anything you’ve missed and are interested in, and don’t forget to share your thoughts with us! It’s hard to read minds after all! πŸ˜‰

march

BOOK REVIEWS

– 03/03/16 – Room by Emma Donoghue

– 04/03/16 – The Young Elites by Marie Lu

– 05/03/16 – Creation (Chronicles of Ara #1) by Joel Eisenberg and Stephen Hillard

– 07/03/16- The Night Circus Read-Along Post

– 29/03/16 – A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

COMIC REVIEWS

– 06/03/16 – Batman: A Death in the Family by Jim Starlin

– 21/03/16 – Superman/Batman (Volume 1) – Public Enemies by Jeph Loeb

BOOKISH POSTS

– 01/03/16 – Monthly Kick in the Butt – March 2016

– 02/03/16 – Top Cover Reveals + Facebook Page!

– 10/03/16 – Sunshine Blogger Award #3 and #4

– 15/03/16 – Top Upcoming Books to TV Shows/Movies Adaptations

– 18/03/16 – Seasons of Book Blogging TagΒ

– 24/03/16 – Playlist Shuffle Tag (not so bookish)

– 28/03/16 – We’re Going to YALLWEST!

trangsbookhaul

Pictures from our Instagram

lashaanbookhaul

lashantop5

18079776Β 1238684Β 2247142Β 76740Β 1971304

You can click on the pictures to find the book on Goodreads. The Invention of Wings is a book I went searching for cause I’m in this slavery vibe and wanted to know what was the most popular slavery themed book out there. Amulet is a comic series that has caught the attention of a lot of people. It has recently released the 7th volume, and apparently the book is innocently surprising! The Talented Mr.Ripley is another popular book. It even has a movie for it. It sounds amazing and definitely intriguing. The Demolished Man is one of those classic dystopias that I just need to read. I knew the author before, and I have another one of his classic books in my TBR for a while. It was about time that I add this bad boy into the club. And finally, my favorite of the top 5 is City of Thieves. This book has my complete attention. The time period, the plot, the classic’ness. WHERE ARE YOU!?

moviediscorey

Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice (BATFLECK!! WONDER WOMAAAN!!! *inlove*)

Room (Brie Larson was amaziiiing!)

Pawn Sacrifice (Bobby Fischer, Chess Grandmaster. What a insightful true story.)

American Beauty (Kevin Spacey nailing it like always.)

Whiplash (Stunningly beautiful and inspiring!)

Kung Fu Panda (I-Lashaan-needed to get ready for Kung Fu Panda 3)

Kung Fu Panda 2 (EVERYBODY IS KUNG FU FIGHTIIIING!!)

House of Cards Season 4 (Another greaaaaat season!!! Am I right or am I right???)

Daredevil Season 2 (NETFLIX SHOULD JUST MAKE EVERY SUPERHERO SHOW!)

The Lego Batman Movie (WHO’S HYPED FOR THIS BADBOY??)

Maigret Sets a Trap (When I saw Rowan Atkinson in that lead role, my curiosity sky-rocketed)

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children

Peaky Blinders (I know the show has been out since a while, but I hear it’s good and I totally want to try it out!! :D)

In bold are movies we’ve watched, while the rest are shows or movies we’ve discovered! πŸ˜€

trangtopdiscovery

When I first saw Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman, I knew she would be my next girl crush! πŸ˜€ Hahha I’m so hyped for Wonder Woman movie and now I want to know all about her. Starting by buying some Wonder Woman Comics YASS.

laashaantop

This hit me right in the spot. Bryan Cranston? Politics? Civil Rights movement? I was sold just at the mere smell of it. I’m too huge of fan of the man and I’m really happy to see him get more and more leading roles in the cinematic world. I was hoping SO MUCH to see him play Jim Gordon for the DCU movies, but J.K. Simmons is still a great cast option. I’m still going to continue to hope Bryan Cranston gets a hero/anti-hero/villain role in the DCU some day. Please make it happen! The dude has talent! πŸ˜€

Thank you all for checking out our monthly wrap-up and don’t forget to check out any posts that might interest you and that you might have missed out on!

So what’s going on on all of your minds? What have discovered this month? What are your thoughts on the books/TV shows/movies we’ve mentioned? Are you excited for April?Cause we sure as hell are ! πŸ˜€

LASHAAN & TRANG<3

22 thoughts on “Monthly Wrap-Up | March 2016

1. ravenblake99 says:

Wow, looks like you guys had great bookish month! I’m anticipating The Crown’s Game and I’m so excited to hear your thoughts on it. Totally agree with you on Mistborn! That book was totally epic. πŸ˜€

2. A Stranger's Guide to Novels says:

Amulet and The Lie Tree are two of my recent discoveries too! I’ve heard such good things about the both of them, I don’t know why o haven’t read them yet. Wait, I do know why- THERE’S NOT ENOUGH TIME!
    I only really want to watch Whiplash because I might have the tiniest crush on Miles Teller but it does look really epic as well!

• transhaan says:

Yoooooooooooooo! You couldn’t be more right. So many books, so little time. At least I know I can’t read Amulet until I find the book cheap somewhere. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

You should definitely check out Whiplash. It was an amazing performance from Miles Teller and J.K. Simmons. The movie gave him a great opportunity to showcase his talent (unlike… Fantastic Four).

– Lashaan

• transhaan says:

I’ve only recently found out about Mr. Ripley. And the next second I found out there was a movie for it. I really want to read it, as well as Ready Player One. I’m waiting for Trang to finish it first before I jump on that opportunity! πŸ˜€

Thank you so much for the tag, we’ll gladly get around to it. It might be in a while, we never really know when we do the tags. But we always do! πŸ˜›

– Lashaan

3. Amy says:

You guys had such a great month!! Tell me what you think of The Crown’s Game I’ve been pretty keen for it! I still haven’t seen Batman vs Superman but I need it in my life!!

• transhaan says:

HAHA it is pretty massive O_O I was surprised myself once my boyfriend finished listing them all LOL AND YASS A WONDER WOMAN MOVIEE coming in 2017 !! πŸ™‚ Did you see Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman ? She was STUNNING AND FIERCE 8D

4. Read Diverse Books says:

Yes, anything by Brandon Sanderson is a must-read! πŸ˜€ I”m so happy you’re going to be reading my favorite author in the world.

Also super happy you bought Ready Player One. That book is so perfect. I got to meet Ernest Cline a couple of years ago and he will be coming to my city in 2 weeks for the paperback edition of Armada. I will be sure to go see him again.

• transhaan says:

Omg Brandon Sanderson is your fave author?! :O Another reason to read it ahhaha πŸ˜€ !! What was your favourite book from him ? ( torture question I know *smirk*) AND ERNEST CLINE COMING TO YOUR CITY!? That’s AMAZINGG πŸ˜€ make sure to make a post about it ! πŸ™‚ Hopefully I will be a diehard fan of him until then ahaha!

• transhaan says:

I don’t think Trang will ever have a bad reading month πŸ˜‚ never seen a more voracious reader hahah and Ciry of Thieves sure does sound amazing ! I need fo find myself a copy asap πŸ˜„
      – Lashaan

• transhaan says:

I didn’t know it was based on a book by the same name. I’m not surprised if it is though, based on a non-fiction book on the chessmaster. It was a great movie indeed. Tobey Maguire nailed his role. Showed us a lot on the character that I didn’t know too! πŸ˜€

– Lashaan