MY RATING : ★★★★★
“Fear motivates, more than love or ambition or joy. Fear is more powerful than anything else in the world. I have spent so long yearning for things—for love, for acceptance—that I do not really need.”
― Marie Lu,
This book is the sequel of The Young Elites by Marie Lu. If you haven’t read the book, you can find my review here. And… simply backing off from this HAHA 😀 No no, wait before you go! I am going to add this little detail : THIS SEQUEL IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST BOOK AHH ❤ Okay that’s it. You can go. AND COME BACK! 😛
Those of you who have read the first one and want to continue reading this review you are welcome to stay 😉
(YES I HAVE ONLY READ TWO BOOKS FROM THE TRILOGY AND IT’S ALREADY THE BEST ONE)
- THE ANTI-HEROINE. Adelina’s traits of characters undergo such a wonderful development. Not for the good, but for the bad. That is something uncommon in trilogies and it has been done beautifully. We can feel the hunger for power along with her battle between good and evil.
- ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE GREAT AND UNIQUE. If you like Six of Crows, yes, these new Elites from The Rose Society are as noteworthy and singular as the The Dregs. You have a the Puppet Master, the Rainmaker, Sergiano the copy cat. Along with Adelina, they are #squadgoals LOL
- THE CLEVERNESS. Oh my, you have no idea how Adelina’s power has more and more effects. The way she be using it and expanding it is genius.
- FOR ONCE, the second book in a trilogy impressed me. It’s not a repetitive pattern like the Divergent Series or The Hunger Games series. You know how the second book is about escaping their world and find refugees with other refugees blablabla… This book is actually about COMING BACK to their world AND FIGHTING AND CONQUERING. Not with weapons or anything. With POWER and WIT. YAAS
- DEFYING the laws of Nature. This book is phenomenal! Giving the powers to control beyond the living and the death, talking about real issues and more importantly, an author who finally addresses about one’s power limits, how their own thoughts can turn against them.
I did a read-along with Amy @BookEnthral 😀 And we have come up with a bunch of casting for The Rose Society Movie 😉 Look how cool these characters are!
Fun fact from Amy while searching for Sergio actor :
Purchase the book THE ROSE SOCIETY: Chapters/Indigo
PRE-ORDER THE MIDNIGHT STAR: Chapters/Indigo.ca