May TBR 2016

monthly bookidote

HELLO LOVELIES!

It’s time to share our life with you all again! We’re currently in the middle of YALLWEST and probably having too much fun for our own sake. It’s also our first time in Santa Monica / Los Angeles. Now that is some crazy stuff! Expect to see some nice old hauls and review of our adventure in the coming days. 😀 😀 Now let’s get things on with the point of this post. In this edition of our Monthly Kick in the Butt, you’ll see what we’re currently reading, what we plan on reading, our monthly quote + our thoughts and a segment on what’s going on in life!currentlyreading
crmay

tbr

maytbr

readingchallenge

LASHAAN’S GOODREADS 2016 READING CHALLENGE PROGRESSION

1.PNG

Well shit.. I got some catching up to do.

TRANG’S GOODREADS 2016 READING CHALLENGE PROGRESSION

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 12.02.06 AM

quoteofthemonth

LASHAAN

(c) Google Images

If you’ve read the book that holds this quote, then you know what’s up. The depth in these words is unreachable. Essentially, history is what helps humanity strive and reach new heights. We document the past and learn from the various events to understand every inch of its light and darkness. Simply put, learning from our mistakes and not repeating the horrors of the past is one of the many goals of knowing the past. In George Orwell’s novel, the past was used to remember a dark past that the Government delivered the population from. But the thing here is that the Government controlled by the past and created events only to further their own goals, only to have the population help them reach the goal of the Party. Being able to control the past basically gave them power on the future. Hence being able to change history in the present with the power the Government holds on communication and information helped change the past. The moment I’ve read the book, I simply adored the whole world-building in the novel. There’s so much content in the novel, it would make any fan of politics and history super excited. The novel breaths in the perfect totalitarian era, but hey. George Orwell is the father of Big Brother. What were we supposed to expect from Nineteen Eighty-Four, right?

TRANG

no-one-in-the-world-ever-gets-what-they-want-and-that-is-beautiful

I’ve read Ready Player One the last month and I just love this quote ! The truth hits me like a wrecking ball. You can’t have everything. You have to work for your success, you have to prioritize what you want and set realistic goals. What so beautiful about it you say? Because this quote is also a reference to a song:

They Might Be giants-Don’t let’s start

No one in the world ever gets what they want
And that is beautiful
Everybody dies frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful
They want what they’re not

mylife

LASHAAN’S LIFE

May is looking bright as hell. Now that I’ve completed my bachelor, I can finally truly see the infinite things I can do. It’s crazy how overwhelming it was the moment I was able to inhale a fresh giant gushing air of freedom. But now, I know I have to make the most of the summer and enjoy life in all its subtleties. Among it all is enjoying some good old fashion entertainment. From books to movies; boy oh’ boy. Let’s take a moment to understand that there’s TWO Marvel movies this month and one of them is coming in just a couple days (yep, yep, Civil War). WHO’S PUMPED FOR SOME ACTION! I AM! *squeal* Besides that, I can also finally read books without trying to fit them into my schedule. No, no. It’s everything else that’s going to have to put themselves into our schedule! 😀 😀

TRANG’S LIFE

I am writing this after two days at YALLWEST and I’m too exhausted to do life….Someone..help me..Also, a big sorry for not replying to comments or being active on your blogs! We promise to do it when we will back in Montreal and read all of the posts we’ve missed ! Thank you for understanding ❤ 😀

giphy

For some advance Yallwest pictures you can still visit our facebook page. But we will be back with detailed posts about the event very soon!

media

For anybody who hasn’t already followed us, here’s a list of all the places where you can find us. Don’t forget to like, follow and subscribe!

LASHAAN & TRANG

15 thoughts on “May TBR 2016

1. Marie @ drizzleandhurricanebooks says:

MONTREAL? Wait, I had no idea you guys were from here! I DREAM of going there, hopefully soon… I might need you for some tips on the city and everything 😀
    I’m eager to know what you think, Lashaan, of This Savage song; I’ve only read ADSOM so far from this author, but I keep hearing awesome things about all of her books.
    AND SCARLET? Trang, please tell me whether you love it or not? I can’t wait to buy and finally read it 😀

• transhaan says:

Waaaahh! That’s so cool. Montreal has a bunch of places to visit (careful about coming here during winter though, it can get prettttyyyy cold, but reallly beautiful!). We’d gladly give you ideas if you ever plan on visiting the place. 😛

I haven’t read any of her books yet, but I’ve had my eyes on ADSOM and Vicious since like…ever. I’m quite surprised that my first book from her is going to be an ARC of This Savage Song. Can’t freaking wait! 😛

– Lashaan

2. Kat Impossible says:

I used to LOVE A Series of Unfortunate Events – those books bring back all the childhood memories. I can’t wait to see what they’ve done for the Netflix adaptation, although Neil Patrick Harris looks very weird as Count Olaf.

• transhaan says:

I absolutely enjoyed A Series of Unfortunate Events during elementary when it first came out. Unfortunately, I barely remember the events right now, but I’ve sworn to go through the series as soon as possible (potentially before the TV show comes out).

NPH as Count Olaf was a stretch if you ask me, but the man can do wonders so who knows, maybe it’ll be a breakthrough performance! 😛 I also strongly believe in Netflix’s casting decisions. They…never fail.. for now!

– Lashaan

3. A Stranger's Guide to Novels says:

I swear this Savage Song is coming out in June, so Lashaan, HOW DID YOU GET A COPY! And how I you liking Siege and Storm, Trang? I read Shadow and Bone last year and I really liked it!
    This month is so great for movies- well this WHOLE YEAR IS EXCELLENT FOR MOVIES! I’m going to be seeing Civil War at the weekends this weekend, so hopefully it’s great!

• transhaan says:

Hahahaha we’ve got the ARC for the publisher! There was also.. like.. a 100 ARCs of it that were given away during YALLWEST (it was crazy just to see the books stacked together on a table, ready to be given away to a bunch of youngsters!).

We’re soooo pumped for Civil War! We’re going to be assisting the premieres of it (I’m personally ready to see Spidy in action). Hope you enjoy the movie! 😀

– Lashaan

4. ravenblake99 says:

I’m so excited for Civil War and X-Men Apocalypse! I really can’t wait to watch these movies and once again congratulations on completing your bachelor’s degree Lashaan.

Grisha is one of my favorite trilogy and I hope you’re liking it so far Trang! I’ll look forward to your thoughts on it. 😀

5. Lola @ Hit or Miss Books says:

Haha, Lashaan. Trang is kicking your butt in the GR challenge!! You’re so far, Trang! Keep it up! Also looking forward to reading This Savage Song 🙂 This author is a favorite of mine, so I have it encrusted in my mind that she can do no wrong!!

• transhaan says:

I haven’t read anything from her and this being the first thing ever will be something special! I can’t wait to read ADSOM though! 😛 And…yeh.. Trang always kicks my butt. I don’t think I’ll ever catch up or beat her at the challenge LOL

– Lashaan

6. Read Diverse Books says:

I’m so eager to read the rest of your YALLWEST adventures. 😀

Congrats on graduating, Lashaan. I remember it being one of the best days of my life! haha, because of the freedom. Are you continuing with grad school and beyond?

Trang – omg, yes, I know what it’s like to be too exhausted to do LIFE!. Please rest and recharge so you can keep providing all the great content for us to consume. 🙂

• transhaan says:

Thank you so much, buddy! I still need to wait for one more course to hand out everyone’s grades and then my freedom of my bachelor will be absolute! I’m pursuing my Master’s degree in Criminology now. I don’t think I can stay away from school for now! 😛

– Lashaan