What Type of Reader Are You?- A Bookidote Discussion

Hello lovely readers!

You know what’s amazing about bookworms? We all have a particular style (and sometimes more than one), yet we love each with all our hearts! πŸ˜€ It’s somewhat mind-boggling the different type of readers that roam around the world, and laying out a list of some of them, from the top of our heads, made this entry one of the biggest revelation of mankind; all right, maybe it’s not that big of a deal.

There’s still so many different readers out there, and so we’ve come up with a fun little list to share with everyone! It might not be thorough list out there, but that’s where you come in and share with us what you think you are!

Let’s jump right into this! πŸ˜€

Each type of reader we came up with has their own book name haha πŸ˜‰ Thumbs up if you recognize them!

thepikyone

The one who asks for recommendations but they are never satisfied with their readings. They always bring up that ONE book that they love and compare it to every novel. Really selective in genre, they usually read only one or two genres. Don’t like most romance, can’t stand love triangles.  A popular book that comes out and everyone loves? They probably hate it already. giphy2

analyzer

Lover of words, this reader will dissect, analyze and study every sentence, word and character. Appreciating the prose, the themes and will do tons of research about the book. The kind of person who has a dictionary beside him while reading, searching on the Internet and usually get spoiled in the end. If you ask them about the book, they can write you a 10 page essay and hand it to you.

tumblr_nmyyw21zpf1qgf1i8o1_400

the nomad

They only have time to read when they go to the toilet, on the train, bus and metro. They can easily read standing up, sitting down, while waiting at the bus stop. They always carry a portable light to read even when the sun goes down. These types of readers don’t like to be disturbed most of the time. Please proceed with caution.

reading-on-the-train-gif

theffair

Love reading many books at the same time, always reaching for new books and discovering new genres. The problem? They can sometimes mix the plots while talking about the same genre of books (Trang: GUILTY!). Also, they are usually the ones who have  a big long list of recommendations for you and A HEAVY backpack with like 10 books inside, as if they’re packing for a month of vacation (or is it a day? Who knows.)

tangled-rapunzel20singing-reading-books-animated-gif

onetimer

It’s been like a million years they didn’t touch a book. They become really motivated and enthusiast at the beginning of the year to read at least 50 books and get back to reading but then they take a year to finish ONE book. They’re stuck. Forever. With one book.

giphy3

quoter

That one friend who  can quote any lines in books. They can sing, rap, talk in quotes. They love to pop a quote from time to time  in the middle of the conversation.

13620857_10157100210500075_5902944247567026695_n

afteryou

β€œYou vouch, I read” kind of person. Only reads on recommendations, the person is waiting for you to finish it and making sure that you love the book before attempting to read the book. Better Be Safe. They are probably one of your closest friend who trust you with your reading taste. In the end, it’s always fun to discuss the book recommendations with them.

200_s

thesocialenthusiast

Gets excited over the characters and the plot; shares it with everyone! Loves doing read-alongs and being active in keeping book conversations with other people. If he/she likes the book, they makes sure everyone knows about it. Mentions their friends in book memes, snaps a picture of the book on Instagram and shares the status updates from Goodreads on Facebook.

tumblr_inline_n6bvaek6wf1rtpcz9

What kind of reader are you? Did we somehow manage to exclude you in our list? We are probably a mix of those types!

TELL US NOW AND WE’LL MAKE YOU FEEL AT HOME! πŸ˜€

Lashaan & Trang

73 thoughts on “What Type of Reader Are You?- A Bookidote Discussion

• transhaan says:

Niice! Fangirl iss greaat ❀❀I think it would be hard to come with a type of reader referencing to Harry Potter LOL On this list, What kind of reader you are?πŸ˜€

1. Holly says:

Love this! I’m definitely the Analyzer. I’ve always been this way to a certain extent, but starting my degree in English lit has magnified it a lot. I just love analyzing and dissecting books, as well as reading a lot of background info/other literature about them. I also think there’s a little multitasker in me πŸ™‚

2. rantandraveaboutbooks says:

Ha! Love this post! I would be The Affair and The Da Vinci Code. Lol. I over analyze everything about a book, probably because I’m a writer and look for it in my own writing. But I also like to multi-task. I’m reading 4 books right now. I don’t know why I keep doing it, but I just can’t help myself. Nice post!

• transhaan says:

SAME Im reading 3 books at the same time max. Hahaha but I keep mixing the plots when the genre is similar πŸ˜‚ I think The Analyzer is a good side to have for every bookworm πŸ™‚ -Trang

3. healed1337 says:

I guess I have a touch of the picky one, the analyzer and the social enthusiast. I don’t quite stick with one genre, but I read far more science fiction and fantasy than anything else. i do try to enjoy everything I read though, and I’ll only compare something to a favourite series of mine if it’s similar in tone or structure, but clearly inferior.

For the analyzer, I’m more likely to analyze something that I either don’t like, or I really like. If it’s in-between, then I just won’t care. And as the social enthusiast, I do like to talk about the fiction that I like but apart from writing blog posts, I try not to talk about it too much because as a kid, I used to annoy people because I talked about almost nothing but the fiction I liked.

• transhaan says:

I’m slowly starting to see the fun in reading more science fiction and fantasy. The imagination of some authors just seem so much more endless in those genres.

I know right? There’s so much to say when you absolutely adore OR hate a novel! I definitely feel you on that. You must’ve been so much fun to listen to as a kid. I guess blogging is definitely a great medium to use to show your passion for a book now! πŸ˜‰

– Lashaan

• healed1337 says:

It didn’t help that I was always a data head when it came to fiction. There was a time when I memorized the length of all the movies I enjoyed, down to the minute, and I have an encyclopedic knowledge of my favourite X-Men character. Can’t say I’m quite as good at remembering every little detail in a novel just yet, but there’s a chance I’ll get there someday.

4. blackcatkai says:

I’m a mix of Fangirl & multitasker probably. Sounds about right!! Maybe a bit of the picky one too. I read a lot in the genres I love but don’t branch out much…..but only a teeny tiny smidge of picky. Just a bit!!

5. Fadwa (Word Wonders) says:

This post was SO MUCH fun to read through and I loved putting myself and my friends in the different categories 😁 I think I’m a little bit of a fangirl … with something else ? But I don’t know what that is πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• transhaan says:

We came up with some of the categories because of some our friends too! They served as great prototypes for several categories! πŸ˜› πŸ˜› I’m sure there’s another category that could fit you like a glove too. :O I wonder what that lucky category is.

– Lashaan

• j.belk says:

Ahh, I actually just recently became a multitasker! I couldn’t read every book that I wanted, so I thought I would just pile them all on and read the ones I wanted at the time I felt xD Sounds horrible, I know. But it’s working…for the most part! πŸ™‚

-Jess @jbelkbooks

6. Read Diverse Books says:

Amazing post, Trang and Lashaan! You always give the best content πŸ˜€

Unfortunately, none of these categories fit me specifically. But I am a mix of The Analyzer and The Picky one, but I’m not as judgmental and anti-popular-books as the Picky One!

• transhaan says:

THANK YOU NAZZZ ❀ I think no one is exclusively one type LOL it is normal to be a mix of all things πŸ˜€ You def not judgemental you read so many diverse books !! I completely understand your point πŸ™‚ – Trang

7. Molly's Book Nook says:

I think I’m a blend of the multitasker and the picky one — if that’s even possible xD I just tend to be reading MANY books at once but I’m super picky at that time which ones I feel like reading (that’s how I end up with so many) hahah

Molly @ Molly’s Book Nook

• transhaan says:

Oh man, if I ended up doing the same thing as you, I’d probably end up with just as many books! I suppose it takes more time to finish the books you start when you go with that way of life? I know it would be my case though! πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

– Lashaan

• transhaan says:

Thank you so much! I totally understand what uni can do to our style. Time is so precious because of it! I wish I could find some peepz in my uni to share my book passion (surrounded by French folks who prefer to party!). Hopefully, I’ll land on some literature enthusiast in the near future!

– Lashaan