Pokémon GO Book Tag

Yo yo yo,

The addiction is real. The chaos followed. The fun continues. Pokémon Go is the fuzz and hasn’t stopped many people from going after Pokémon’s at every corner of their hood. People started using this as an incentive to jog, others made it a daily gang meet-up at the peek of the moon to lure Pokémon’s and dominate gyms. If anything, this augmented reality game has done great improvements and damage to our society! But, skipping the opportunity to do a Pokémon GO Book Tag? Not on our watch!

We were tagged by the one and only Jesse @ Books at Dawn ! Thank you so much for having us tag along on the Pokémon GO train ! 😉

Only one. Have a blast! You can also mention the creator of the tag Aentee @ Read at Midnight if you want. You can use her banners if you want as well.

Lashaan: I’ve had extremely long periods of no-reading throughout my life, but my love for reading really begun a couple years ago when Trang gifted me a copy of The Gods of Gotham for Christmas. Although it has nothing to do with Batman, Lyndsay Faye‘s
novel is my trigger to a life filled with literature.

Lashaan: I’ve gone through a lot—not enough—classics to this date. It has come to the point where it’s just too hard to pick just one. I’ll however pick Nineteen Eighty-Four for the simple love of the idea of Big Brother and how it was first introduced.

72193Lashaan: I have to say that a book that’s everywhere usually just feeds my desire to want to read it instead of the opposite. But I’m going to say Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone for this one. I have the whole set waiting for me to read through, but the idea that so many people have been through them 100000 times and that it’s still being talked about, as if it was a new release (technically is, huh), just gets me to push it further down my TBR!

Lashaan: Because I can’t go a tag without mentioning comics, I’m going to say Batman! Some stories actually reference to classic novels, and by doing so, make me love the universe even more. Example? Batman: Noël will undoubtedly remind you of A Christmas Carol.

Lashaan: I have a lot of books that are quite big, but am sure that I will go through some day. But I’m still going to say The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo because its a small mass paperback that makes the book seem like it has 2000 pages. Oh, man…

Lashaan: The Lies of Locke Lamora. Motherf**ker. This book stole time from me without asking no f**king permission. But I’m glad it did. Oh yes, I’m glad. It was AMAZING.

Lashaan: Sherlock Holmes and Irene Adler! Yep, that’s right! 😀

Lashaan: Easily A Monster Calls. Although it was fairly short, I have never devoured a book so fast before. Good God, it was amazing.

Lashaan: There isn’t any for me.

Lashaan: The Sicilian. One of Mario Puzo’s greatest novel, if not the best. While The Godfather received a lot of praise (especially with the movies), I find The Sicilian an equivalent, if not better, story.

Lashaan: Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I’m sucker for all these mythology stories. This is one series that I also possess, but haven’t tried to dip my toe in yet. Definitely looking forward to this.

Lashaan: Damn… Folio Classic Fiction books. I want to have every single one of those beautiful classics with illustration and that hardcover. God, you have to see it for yourself. You’ll want them as much as I do, at first sight.

Click here to see their huge selection.

Lashaan: This Savage Song! The very first novel I’ve read and finished by the famous V. E. Schwab. I know, I know. I need to check out the books that actually made her famous now. I’m on it! 😉

Lashaan: Well, after finishing the first book of Locke-fucking-Lamora. Scott Lynch has become an auto-buy in my books.

– Grace @ kimmie.gg

– Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books

– Jess @ JBelkBooks

– Fadwa @ Word Wonders

– Reg @ She Latitude

– Holly @ Nut Free Nerd

– Anne @ Inked Brownies

– Sage @ Fishing For Books

– Naz @ Read Diverse Books (I know you already did this! Just felt like tagging!)

– Theresa @ The Calico Books

– And YOU! 😉

If you already did, don’t feel like doing or don’t have time to do this tag, don’t worry about it. It’s all for fun! Looking forward to see all your versions of this if you ever plan on doing this! Anyways, thanks for sticking around till the end! Hope you enjoyed this tag by Aentee! Hopefully you might have discovered something new about us or about a book thanks to this!

If you’re an addict of Pokémon Go, be sure to be safe out there! Don’t be reckless and play vigilantly! 😀

Lashaan & Trang

1. Zezee says:

Lol at tagging Naz again.
    Btw, I’m looking forward to trying Savage Song as well and I’ve yet to come across a bad review of Lies of Locke Lamora. I really need to read it.

1. transhaan says:

Hahah he needed to be tagged, for sure! You totally have to read those two books. The Lies of Locke Lamora was definitely one of my best reads this years, absolutely fun. *worship*

– Lashaan

2. kimmiegg says:

Thanks for the tag! And what a fun one at that, can’t wait to do this one as well 🙂 I have to say, pokemon go is a true motivation to go out and exercise..
    I have to wholeheartedly agree with your Snorlax answer! The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo got so much hype, and I was so ready to jump in and start reading, until I saw the size of the books. It seemed like too much commitment.. Haha. Although to some extent, I always hate it when a good book is short… Like, why isn’t here hundreds of more pages left for me to read!?!
    The Folio Classic Fiction Collection looks absolutely darling.. If you received a considerable sum of money to spend on books, would you spend it on buying lots of cheaper books? Or something more expensive but more precious like the Collection?

1. transhaan says:

Absolutely no problemoo! 😛 Hope you’ll enjoy doing the tag and have some nice books for us to discover too.

I know right.. The worse part is that I have the whole trilogy and the 4th book by David Lagercrantz. And the mere sight of those 4 books next to each other is.. overwhelming! XD I’m sure I’ll dive into that universe soon enough though. A classic of one my favorite genres? Can’t afford skipping it!

And I know what you mean about short books needing moreeee. Then again, I always reassure myself that the size was perfect if the story could be conveyed in just X pages. 😛

Grace. You can’t just throw crazy questions like those at me out of the blue. That ain’t cool! 😀 Honestly, if I’m pretty sure I’d always have a bunch of unread books on my shelves at all time, in my life. If I do get a huge sum of money, I would definitely use some of it on the Collection! I mean, if I’d used it on cheaper books, I’d probably be stunned by my TBR and pull of a Girl With The Dragon Tattoooo. XD

– Lashaan

3. I really, really need to read A Monster Calls before the movie comes out. It sounds absolutely fantastic, and heartbreaking as well. I can’t wait, so glad you loved it so much 🙂

1. transhaan says:

Oh, you definitely have to try it out! You’ll go through it so fast, you won’t even realize it. It’s absolutely amazing. I think my review of it would give you a pretty big idea of how tremendous it was! Hope you’ll enjoy it just as much when you get the chance. 😛

– Lashaan

4. Anne says:

Love this tag and the graphics! 😀 And thank you for tagging me in it <3. I was on a break for a few weeks so I didn't get to it until now :3

1. transhaan says:

Absolutely no problemo! Glad you’re back. Hope you enjoy doing this one! It can be quite a ride through memory lane! 😛

– Lashaan

5. This was so much fun to read! I may have to do this. 😉

1. transhaan says:

I’m glad it was! I’ll add you up in the nominees! Let us know whenever you do it, would love to see what your list would look like.

– Lashaan

1. Aww, thanks! I for sure will. ☺️👍🏼

6. 1,000 yeses to Crooked Kingdom. That book feels like it’s been taking forever to come out. Only a few more weeks! I’m also kind of glad that it’s just a duo-logy. I don’t think I could wait another year for another of these books. 😛

7. Hi! I nominated you on One Lovely Blog Award. Check it out and have a great day 😀