May TBR 2017 // Personal Lives

HELLO FRIENDS!

Time to see what May’s bookish weather is going to be like! πŸ˜€ In this edition of our Monthly Kick in the Butt, we’ll go overΒ what we’re currently reading, what we plan on reading, our monthly quotes + our thoughts and a segment on what’s going on our lives!

currrnread may

toberead may

reading-challenge

LASHAAN’S GOODREADS 2017 READING CHALLENGE PROGRESSION

TRANG’S GOODREADS 2017 READING CHALLENGE PROGRESSION

I didn’t update goodreads for a while so no pic hahah πŸ˜€

qotm

LASHAAN

Lashaan: A distinction that enhances the picture. For sure.

TRANG

8db350e57e97c137507670f732748df2

Trang : Well, what are you waiting? GO FCKN CHASE THEM STARS ❀

ourlives

LASHAAN’S LIFE

DUDE! SCHOOL IS DONE! ANOTHER ACADEMIC YEAR COMPLETED! What a month it was. I basically had an assignment due each week, and had a week with three speeches to do in the span of two days. It is a miracle that I am still alive and well! πŸ˜€ There is so much I want to do now, I can’t decide where I should begin. MAAAAAAAAAN!

Maybe a book will give me the answer. πŸ™‚

Image result for book reading gif

TRANG’S LIFE

YESS SCHOOL DONE. I was also a finalist for a research contest and the final round was today! And I’m happy to say that I won! WOHOO a lot of hardwork put into this along struggling with school but it’s all done. ALSO, I’ll be leaving for an Asia Tour vacation at the end of May πŸ˜€ Looking forward to that ! Let me know if you are in the region of Singapore, Vietnam and Taiwan πŸ™‚ I’d love to meet you!

tenor

conn

For anybody who hasn’t already followed us, here’s a list of all the places where you can find us. Don’t forget to like, follow and subscribe!

LASHAAN & TRANG

41 thoughts on “May TBR 2017 // Personal Lives

1. fictionbookdude says:

Ahh very interesting books in your TBR and CR piles! I am currently watching ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ and am loving it but haven’t read the book! Yay to more reading now that you’re both done with school work!

• Lashaan (Bookidote) says:

Yeye! I’m looking forward to checking out the show as soon as I’m done with the book. The show REALLY looks amazing!! Glad to hear you’re enjoying it so far. πŸ˜› Wish you a wonderful month of May, my friend! πŸ˜‰

2. Beth (Reading Every Night) says:

I hope you both enjoy the books you’re currently reading. I’ve heard a lot of good things about both Exit West and The Handmaid’s Tale so I’ll be interested to see what you each think of them. πŸ™‚
    That’s great news about how you’re done with school for another academic year. I hope you both have a good break from all of that, and Trang your vacation plans sound amazing. I hope you have a great time! πŸ˜€

3. Books, Vertigo and Tea says:

So exciting! First of all, congratulations to you both on school being done for now! πŸ™‚

Trang – Super excited about your win and the upcoming trip. Cannot wait to hear all about it. I hope there will be a ton of pics. It will be great if you get to meet a few bloggers along the way!

Lashaan – The Handmaid’s Tale was a difficult book for me. I love the concept and found it to be brilliantly frightening, yet I always fail to fully connect with Atwood’s writing style. SO I eagerly await your review convincing me otherwise πŸ˜‰

Wishing you both the very best in the month of May ❀

• Lashaan (Bookidote) says:

Bahahah I’ve still not forgotten about your special relationship with Atwood. πŸ˜› I am definitely looking forward to seeing how this story unveils and to watch the TV show right after! So far… one of most annoying thing about her writing is the lack of quotation marks for dialogues… I don’t get it. Maybe I’ll see some hidden meaning for it later on, but for now, I’m trying to adapt to it hahah

Hope you have a wonderful month of May, Danielle! πŸ˜›

4. By Hook Or By Book ~ Book Reviews, News, & Other Stuff says:

Yay for both of you being done with school! And an extra congrats for you Trang! I absolutely loved the quotes you both chose. I can’t wait to hear what you think of The Handmaid’s Tale. I read it several years ago and, well, let’s just say I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I have Hulu, but I haven’t gotten around to watching the series yet.

5. mypaperinfinity says:

I’d like to see what you think about the Handmaid’s Tale. I loved the concept, but I’m not a big fan of the writing style. And I feel like I should’ve connected more to the characters which, sadly, I didn’t. Having said that, I’m probably going to watch a couple of episodes of the show to see how they’ve handled the material. I heard it’s quite good.

• Lashaan (Bookidote) says:

I’ve heard the show was pretty good too. I feel like it’ll be even more appreciated than the book since the writing style (which seems to have bothered some people, including you) won’t be there to hinder the experience. I can’t wait to reach the ending and see where the story will bring me!

YAAY for holidays, so happy for you both! I hope you’ll have lovely vacation, and Trang, WHAT an amazing trip planned, I’m jealous – and want to hear all about it! Have fun! πŸ™‚

7. Sophie @ Blame Chocolate says:

Oooohhh have a nice trip, Trang! And good luck getting some reading done, Lashaan hahaha It’s hard when real life gets in the way of our precious stories! Ugh…
    Also, glad to see you’re on the right track with your Goodreads challenge πŸ™‚ Still a few books to go but the most important thing is to enjoy them, not rush them!

8. LizScanlon says:

Ohhh, so much inbterestibg and exciting news in this post!
    I look forward to Trang’s review of Men Without Women- sounds mighty interesting!

And Lashaan- I sure do want to read your thoughts in The Handmaid’s Tale… Plus, you knocked me for six for a minute with the quote you picked. So, totally spot on!

Both of you- well done for surviving April with busy school stuff and congrats Trang on your win! πŸ™‚ Keep it rocking and rolling!… Hope you get to take a nice rest now, read tons of good books and explore new places πŸ™‚

• Lashaan (Bookidote) says:

Ohhh thank you so much Liz! πŸ˜‰ I do hope you have a very wonderful month of May and go through fantastic books too! Definitely looking forward to sharing my thoughts on Atwood’s classic. It seems like there’s a lot of peepz out there who have read it or who are super curious to find out more about it (especially thanks to the new TV series adaptation). Oh, Hermann Hesse seems to pretty spot on with a lot of introspective thoughts. Definitely an author worth checking out too. πŸ˜›

9. Karina Pinella says:

Congratulations to both of you. I bet you’re relishing that feeling of accomplishment. And so many of them too from each of you. Have a fun tour, Trang! And, Lashaan, I started reading The Handmaid’s Tale when it was first published. I even bought the book. Alas, I didn’t finish it because I just couldn’t get engaged. I’ll be curious to read your review.

10. yaykisspurr says:

Congratulations you two! Have fun Trang…I want an Asian tour too, lol… Lashaan I hope you enjoy The Handmaid’s Tale better than I did. Atwood is a bit grim for me, I need a bit of hope with my doom and gloom… The show does look super slick doesn’t it!?

• Lashaan (Bookidote) says:

Thaank you Dani!! Sounds like there are far more people who had trouble with The Handmaid’s Tale than one would imagine! πŸ˜€ But maaaan, the show looks amazing. I really can’t wait to try it, even if the book were to highly disappoint me.

• yaykisspurr says:

Well with a show or movie there are so many other people’s input that the story never remains totally true to the source material. There is always an angle of interpretation to it… I hope you enjoy it, there are some stellar actors in the production.

• Lashaan (Bookidote) says:

Hell yehh to noo school!! πŸ˜€ Thank you so much, Lauren! I’m definitely pumped to finish The Handmaid’s Tale so that I can not only see how it fares with me, but also to start that TV show adaptation! πŸ˜› Hope you have a wonderful month of May yourself! πŸ˜‰

11. Donna | Chocolate'n'Waffles says:

My Japanese studies have forever left me scarred and i cannot imagine reading Japanese lit again xD Too many headaches reading in the original version! Plus, their clean and disturbing style is not my cup of tea! I really need to read The Handmaid’s Tale, though!
    Lashaan, congrats on surviving another academic year!!!! And wow, Trang, you won that contest, so amazing! Congrats to the both of you for your hard work!!