What to do in Vietnam

I’ve spent the most wonderful month of June by traveling around Vietnam and I thought you guys would want a post on what I did and maybe get inspirations for your next trip too πŸ˜‰ First up, I landed in Ho Chi Minh City but two days later I was already leaving for Singapore.  When I came back,  I had the chance to spend a few days in Ho Chi Minh City and then it was time to fly to Hanoi!

This is the capital of my Motherland (the northest red pin on the map), and it was also Hell. Hell as in the hottest city I’ve been to haha. I had the bad luck to go to Hanoi when it was 52 degrees celsius (hottest day in 40 years… great timing Trang). The city is larger and wider than before, the streets are cleaner than Ho Chi Minh but, oh hell, the heat killed me. From Ha Noi, we went to Ho Ba Be (a national lake) and the beautiful waterfalls in Cao Bang! 18814268_10155596336322780_139009686317839467_n18835817_10155596336457780_1456240795296475585_n

OKAY LETS BE HONEST HERE. Ho Chi Minh City had the best food ever and the cheapest one too. Here’s a pic of me eating the best Pho and it so happens that THE RESTAURANT’S NAME IS TRANG πŸ˜€ They have amazing coffee shops, with piano and live music too!

This was one of the wildest trip ! We had my whole family of 45 people driving to this city, but It was only a 2 hours drive from Ho Chi Minh.  The kids were so cute, they made me a floral crown ahhah πŸ˜€

Vung Tau is known for their popular banh khot which I had to try and… Let me tell you this: ITS SOO GOOD. It had a crispy taste and you can taste the shrimp, but when you put on some fish sauce… BOOM! Flavor explosion.

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset
Banh Khot
I also got to stay at the Imperial Hotel, which had some amazing pools and was probably the best hotel to stay at πŸ˜‰ The staff were so nice, they kept on making sure that I had everything I needed and even ran to hold doors for me.

con dao

This one is one of the islands at the South of the map, and this island is filled with history. It’s also believed to be inhabited by spirits since its past is very dark. On this very island, thousands of prisoners of war died. I had the chance to visit two of the biggest jails and historically speaking, it was interesting but it was also a huge sorrow for anyone who visited them. A lot of ghost stories and tragic death were rumored and it’s only recently that they harnessed the courage to transform this island into a touristic attraction. They succeeded. The beach of Con Dao is magnificent, it’s calm and clean. Processed with VSCO with c1 presetProcessed with VSCO with f2 presetPhoto 2017-06-16, 6 34 04 AMProcessed with VSCO with c1 presetProcessed with VSCO with c1 preset

These three cities are the one right in the middle of the map (the 3 red pins). Da Nang is like the modern city in Vietnam, the Vietnamese Singapore if I dare say. The architecture and light show at night can rival with their neighbor.  Hoi An, has the BIGGEST LANTERN MARKET at night that I’ve ever seen in my life ! Just in my life hahah it may be not the biggest night lantern market in the world. I also got to drop the lantern in the river !! It was so magical ❀

Photo 2017-06-19, 10 25 37 AMPhoto 2017-06-19, 9 59 04 AMPhoto 2017-06-19, 10 47 44 AMPhoto 2017-06-20, 4 33 02 AMProcessed with VSCO with c1 preset

My last destination was Phu Quoc Island everybody! Unfortunately, I got mad sick in this trip and I couldn’t enjoy much and there was also a huge storm LOL It was the first time I saw a Red Flag planted on the beach to alert us that it was forbidden to swim. However, I did like the villa we were staying in, helped me recover fast with that food buffet !

So that’s it for trip! πŸ˜€ After being on the plane for more than 14 times, I’m home and resting. I will get back on track as soon as possible for the book blogging, replying to comments and sending some love onto other blogs too !! Sorry for the hiatus and I’m sure glad to be back ❀

Instagram– Facebook– Goodreads– Twitter

1. :-O

Congrats on an amazing trip!

2. Sounds like a fun trip. The pictures are beautiful. I would like to go there some day.

3. TeacherofYA says:

I’m glad you had a good trip! Kester and I were talking about the Caraval giveaway, and I told him that I was pretty sure you were out of town for awhile, so I’m glad you had a good time!

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing bits of your adventure with us, your pictures are stunning! ❀ ❀

1. Omg thank you Mariee , so happy you enjoyed the post! πŸ˜€ It’s my pleasure !! ❀

5. These are amazing pictures Trang, you’ve made me want to hop on the first plane to Vietnam I can find just to experience it all for myself. It looks like a beautiful country and it looks like an amazing time out there as well. πŸ˜€

1. Thank you Beth!! πŸ˜€ It is a beautiful countryy πŸ˜‰ Worth discovering it all over again. Even though I was born there I never got the chance to really travel around ❀

6. Wow all these photos are stunning and it sounds like so much fun!!! I’ve wanted to go to Vietnam for years- this post is so inspiring πŸ˜€ It looks like you had an incredible time!!! Glad you’re back ❀

1. Vietnam is such a wonderful country when you see past all the taboos haha πŸ˜‰ ! I hope you get to visit it someday!! And maybe we can meet each other there :O

7. This is a fantastic post! Today I live vicariously through you ❀ These photos are beautiful Thank you for sharing this!

1. HAHA I’m glad I have the power to do that πŸ˜€ Thank you so much for reading the post and send some love much appreciated πŸ˜‰

8. Oh my god those waterfalls 😍😍😍 I’ve never been to Vietnam, but I’d love to go one day. It looks so wonderful.

1. I hope you will have the chance to visit Vietnam someday πŸ˜€ ! ❀ Thank you so much for reading my post !

9. This is a fab post! The pictures are stunning!! Thank you for sharing with us!!

10. aurosera says:

awesome pictures!! I was born in Vietnam and I can’t wait to go back for a visit, especially because I never got the chance to travel around before leaving for America. The next time I go, I’ll make sure to stop by one of the locations mentioned in the post! (:

11. healed1337 says:

Wow, looks like a beautiful country. I knew they had jungles, but wow.

12. Yvo says:

Such beautiful photos and places! ❀ Definitely makes me hope I'll be able to visit some day.

13. Really cool wished I had read this before we went there hehe πŸ™‚

1. Hhaha happy it gives you some inspirations πŸ˜€ !!

14. ghostwriter says:

amazing post! amazing pics as well! I’m planning a trip and I just can’t wait!

15. harrisrh says:

I’ve been very fortunate not only to spend a good amount of time in Vietnam, but elsewhere around the world and I can that Hoi An is unequivocally, without a doubt, hands down, no questions asked, do not pass Go and collect $200, one of the most special places on this planet. Great pics from your trip! Incidentally, my first time there I read Graham Greene’s “The Quiet American.” Have you reviewed that book yet?

16. OMGAWD!!! YOUR TRIP LOOKED AWESOME and your so cute! I just read where the main characters in my current book visited Ho Chi Minh. It looks like an amazing time Trang and very beautiful scenery! Awesome post, I loved it!πŸ’–πŸ’›πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’œ