August TBR 2017 // Personal Lives

HELLO FRIENDS!

Time to see what August’s bookish weather is going to be like! 😀 In this edition of our Monthly Kick in the Butt, we’ll go over what we’re currently reading, what we plan on reading, our monthly quotes + our thoughts and a segment on what’s going on our lives!

CURRENTLY READING

TO BE READ

reading-challenge

LASHAAN’S GOODREADS 2017 READING CHALLENGE PROGRESSION

a

qotm

LASHAAN

Image result for sometimes people don't want to hear the truth nietzsche

Lashaan: I couldn’t agree more.

TRANG

Even if the doctor does not give you a year, even if he hesitates about a month, make one brave push and see what can be accomplished in a week.

– Robert Louis Stevenson

ourlives

LASHAAN’S LIFE

July must’ve been one of the busiest months ever! Juggling research, thesis, work and life has kept me awake and busy every single day. It made me realize how impossible it has become to say: “I’m bored.” Such things would spew out of us back as a teenager, but now I just wish I had more time to do so much more than what I’m already doing! August should be a bit more calmer and bring me back to a much more steady rhythm. Can we just get an AMEN for all these books out there that we just can’t wait to pick up and read next? It’s like my lifeline nowadays. The one thing that will always be there. It’s no joke when they a book is a man’s best friend!

Image result for book man's best friend gif

TRANG’S LIFE

I had a quite crazy month! Kind of hard to get back to life after a month of vacation hahah , got to take some time to see old friends too and I was happy for that 😀 Some major breakthroughs about opportunities and how will my future unfolds but I’m going to go with the flow and see how it goes.

conn

For anybody who hasn’t already followed us, here’s a list of all the places where you can find us. Don’t forget to like, follow and subscribe!

lashaansignaturetrangsignature

24 thoughts on “August TBR 2017 // Personal Lives

1. Lauren says:

I completely agree, Lashaan. I can’t remember how many times I said “I’m so bored” when I was a teenager. Seems like a lifetime ago. Adults weren’t kidding when they said they “never had time” to do anything, huh? (which seemed ridiculous back then) 😀
    I love both those quotes, btw.

• Lashaan (Bookidote) says:

Exactly!! I thought maybe they just had bad time management skills, but wow… Our priorities change, new responsibilities crawl out of nowhere and life leaves you a bunch of obstacles courses to go through before you can have a moment of peace to do what you want hahahha Have a wonderful August, Lauren! 🙂

• Lashaan (Bookidote) says:

Ahahaha yas!! 😛 Yesterday caught my attention with its cover, but then when I got around to the blurb, my curiosity was at a peak. There’s a scifi twist to this thriller, which is definitely a nice change to all the thrillers I’ve been reading lately. Hopefully the ending will blow my mind! Happy reading, Inge! 😀

OH yes, I can so relate to that “I’m so bored” kind of thinking. Time flies now and I don’t have time to do ANYTHING I want hahaha, it is so frustrating.These quotes are so inspiring.
    Have an amazing month! ❤ ❤

3. lostartofreadingblog says:

I’m curious to what you will think of heartless, I have heard some mixed reviews. I have only read the first book Cinder in the lunar chronicles and thought it was really fun, but I should finish that series before embarking on another I think.

4. Beth (Reading Every Night) says:

I hope August does end up being a little calmer for you Lashaan, I definitely agree with your thoughts on books, they really can be man’s best friend can’t they? Then again we’re all blogging on here about the same thing so I reckon you’ll be hard pressed to find someone who disagrees with that! 😀
    Trang I hope you’ve managed to adjust to life back after your vacation. I get what you mean because I never want to face real life after coming back from holiday but sometimes I guess we just have to.
    I hope you both enjoy the books you’re currently reading, and the books still on your to-read lists! 🙂