Bookidote Wishes You a Happy New Year!

Hello beautiful people!

Of course, we are all well aware that 2017 has now come to an end. For some it will be a year filled with miserable and despicable events, for others, it’ll be a year filled with progress and success. For our part, at least when it comes to Bookidote, we have reached new milestones and created a beautiful connection with our fellow readers. Trang and I even succeeded in getting our first haters. 🀣 Who would’ve thought, right? However, we welcome everyone to our playground. πŸ˜‰

Bookidote would never be where it is at today if it were not for the continuous support and generosity of the community.

YOU guys are what made us WHO we are today. 😎

We have remained in contact with some of the most amazing people who share the same high level of passion for books and all kinds of entertainment.

We have even met new players in this game over the year whose personalities shine brighter than the sun.

With the speedy arrival of 2018, we would like to share with you guys some of our top posts and what not to conclude these final days of 2017!

P.S. You can click on the banners to be redirected to our reviews.

LET’S DO THIS!

Trang

Lashaan

abookthatetc

Β Trang

bear

Lashaan

With that being said, we hope we’ll be able to stay in contact with every single one of you, as well as discover new faces in 2018. πŸ˜‹

Let’s not look at the bad things in life as if they were the only things that happened to all of us.

A positive outlook in life can go a long way towards happiness. πŸ˜‰

CHEERS TO EVERYONE ANDΒ HAPPY NEW YEAR! πŸŽ‰

Image result for leonardo celebration gif

YOURS TRULY,

trangsignature

Instagram– Facebook– Goodreads– Twitter

lashaansignature

Instagram – Facebook – Goodreads – Twitter

63 thoughts on “Bookidote Wishes You a Happy New Year!

1. raistlin0903 says:

To quote a blogger we all know and love: ” you guys rock! ” Seriously glad I stumbled across your blogs this year, and looking forward to everything you are going to write in 2018 πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Happy New Year πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• Lashaan (Bookidote) says:

Thanks man!!! Let’s show 2018 who’s the boss 😏😎 yep, they sure will do that and only that! Exactly! If they don’t like it, they do not need to show their unjustified hate for it in a disrespectful way! πŸ˜‚ Some people just love to hate and don’t give 2 shitz about anything. πŸ˜‚

2. Inge | The Belgian Reviewer says:

Who could possibly hate you? I don’t get it at all, I love you guys, you write such amazing reviews, obviously give it a lot of thought and you’re honest without talking badly about the book and you respect everyone’s opinion. I hope to read The Bear and the Nightingale this year too (I’d actually would love to listen to it even more, having just discovered audiobooks) and ooff I did read HP and the Philosopher’s Stone. It’s a must read although it won’t be as surprising for you as it was for me 10 years ago πŸ™‚

• Lashaan (Bookidote) says:

It is a cruel, cruel world after all. πŸ˜‚ The type of haters I get often compare me to Trang and show no mercy in their disinterest for my content, while Trang gets haters for the honest 2 star reviews she sometimes dishes out. πŸ˜‚ Ohhh yes, I have the feeling that the magic of HP won’t as strong as it was for so many when the books were first released. I did enjoy the original movies (haven’t seen Fantastic Beasts yet) and have been waiting for my memory of those movies to be less clear to finally read the books. I’m super curious to find out what J.K. Rowling’s writing style is like and all the plot points that weren’t in the movie! Hope 2018 has been treating you well so far, Inge. Thank you so much for your kind words. πŸ˜πŸ™

• Inge | The Belgian Reviewer says:

I have 2 HP books and I’ve only read those. I liked them though so I have no reason why I haven’t read the whole series. I haven’t seen all of the movies either (I still don’t know what the deal is with Snape) but I find them rather scary with the spiders and snakes and the ‘death eaters’ πŸ™‚

3. Beth (Reading Every Night) says:

Oh I’m glad you both reached new milestones in 2017, though not as glad one of them was getting your first haters. Either way based on what I’ve seen you guys posting over the past year I’d say you’ve had a good year for 2017, you certainly got through some amazing books and I’m a little in awe over how you each only managed to pick one for your favourite read. I can never manage to narrow it down that much. πŸ˜€
    Great post, and I hope you both have an incredible 2018! πŸ™‚ ❀

• Lashaan (Bookidote) says:

Hahah yep! 2017 was filled with amazing milestones, whether it would be statistical or personal! Getting haters is definitely one that merits to be highlighted as it seems that no one will be spared of their thoughts πŸ˜‚ I do hope you don’t run into them anytime soon though!!! Ah yes, I too wouldn’t have been able to limit myself to 1 but Trang insisted that we only put 1 for each category or else it would be a never-ending post that would probably not have been read from start to finish πŸ˜‚ Thank you Beth for being an awesome friend through the past years and I hope that in 2018 we will continue to interact and discover fantastic books to love and enjoy!! 😁

• Beth (Reading Every Night) says:

I suppose in a way it’s kind of good you’re looking at it as a highlight. My policy would be to ignore haters, what’s the point of replying and just catering to their need to be heard. πŸ™‚
        Ha, a never-ending post is what I would have done. I can never limit myself to one favourite so I don’t even bothering trying anymore.
        That’s all right, thanks for being my friend in return (to you and Trang). πŸ™‚ ❀

4. Zezee says:

Happy New Year y’all!!!
    I really can’t wait for you both to get to those books (Trang – Bear and the Nightingale; Lashaan – Sorcerer’s Stone). Am eager to see what y’all think.

5. theorangutanlibrarian says:

Wow I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it lately, but I love the aesthetics on your blog ❀ hehehe I can relate about the haters πŸ˜‰ Absolutely love this wrap up!! I can't wait for Strange the Dreamer! And I'm so so glad to see Red Sister as your top book Lashaan!! And you've both got a lot to look forward to with Bear and the Nightingale and harry potter on your respective tbrs 😊😊