10 Signs You’re Addicted to Books

After a few days off, I’m back with a little post! 😀 I will also be back to blog hopping today to send you all a little love, thank you all of you for being so sweet and understanding !! ❤

I was reading a book and a friend came up to me and ask if I considered myself as a “bookworm”. I started laughing because she clearly has no idea about my passion of reading. So here are some ideas to help her out 😉

1. Buying Books Even if You Have a Huge Pile of TBR already

It’s like I just became blind to all the books I owned already and look at that new book like it’s the only thing in the whole world.

giphy

2. Want to Punch someone in the face when they say “books are boring

To which I always reply: You obviously didn’t find the right book.

3. You’d rather ignore other obligations than to stop reading

Sleeping at 3AM?! NAHH when there’s a frkn PLOT TWIST IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BOOK.

4. Traveling Scares you because there’s not enough space to pack books

ARE YOU SAYING I HAVE TO SPEND A WHOLE WEEK WITHOUT MY BOOKSHELVES? HELL NO.

5. Being Scared of Running Out of Books to Read

DID YOU KNOW THERE WAS A WORD FOR IT? #mindblown

6. That Movie Tie-In Edition Cover

7. Wish you can own all the different editions of the same book

8. The Very Idea of Going to A Book Store Turns You on

9. That Face You Make When Someone Interrupts Your Reading

10. Trying to check what’s the other person beside you in the bus is reading

*BE SUBTLE BE SUBTLE*… OH MY GOD?! THEY’RE READING ONE OF MY FAVE BOOKS *must contain happiness*

Do you agree with this ? XD Would you add anything else?! Let me know !! 😀

trangsignature

Instagram– Facebook– Goodreads– Twitter

43 thoughts on “10 Signs You’re Addicted to Books

1. Kat Impossible says:

I didn’t think I would need to check the list to know that I was addicted to books, but it was still so much fun to read!! 9/10 are ME ❤ hahaha (I am a not so secret sucker for movie tie-ins … maybe has to do with me having worked in that industry for a while. Who knows?)

2. tomesandteablog says:

Number six has got to be one of my biggest pet peeves. I generally don’t even care about book covers but I don’t want to see the movie poster plastered on it either. I’m probably most guilty of the first on the list though. I’ve made it a goal this year to read more of the books that I already own, but new books are so tempting!

3. Lewington_Katie says:

Definitely number six, when there’s a book you’ve wanted for a while & it turns out to be the movie edition, with the miscast actors, and as for three, I can’t even make plans because I’ll probably end up addicted to a book and staying in. I always underestimate a book and if it will hold my attention, then it does & I have to finish it in one sitting!

4. suewinson says:

lol lol! I can see myself in many of these! Ok maybe not the urge to buy every editions of the same book, but the urge of just buying books and more book shelves is true! I get really happy going to the library too, and I bring a huge suitcase to all booksales.

5. Inge | The Belgian Reviewer says:

Yep! I like it when they are reading a paperback next to me, makes it easier to see which book they’re reading. It’s hard not to comment though and bite my tongue because sometimes I want to ask them what they think or give my unsollicited opinion :-). If it were up to me I’d go every weekend to another bookstore.. even if they have the same books 🙂

Hahahaha what a brilliant post, I love it SO much. I can relate to all of these – I don’t have great bookshops here in France, well, they don’t have a good selection of English books so… whenever I am travelling and there are amazing bookshops there, I am always so excited to go to the bookshops. Almost as much as I am to visit the actual city,hahahaha. And I have that damn fear of running out of books to read haha 🙂

7. Aislynn d'Merricksson says:

Well, my Kindle takes care of the wanting to travel with an entire library issue. 😆😆 I have that phobia in spades and aces. Books, or my Kindle, are also my security blanket. I must have one with me at all times, nevermind if I’ll actually have time to read. I get hella agitated.

(What is the gif from #3 from?)

8. Beth (Reading Every Night) says:

Oh these are definitely signs I’m addicted to books. 😀 The worrying about travelling because I won’t have enough to read is the main reason I brought a Kindle (and after this one holiday where my parents limited the amount of books I could bring to one and I finished it on the plane there. Hell is having only one book to re-read over and over for a week-long trip). Also I’m well on my way to owning every edition of Harry Potter! I think I have about four copies of the first book alone! 😀
    Great post Trang, it was a lot of fun reading this. 🙂 ❤

9. Sophie @ Blame Chocolate says:

Hahahaha completely relatable post! I don’t know what kind of friend that is, asking you a question like that D: Seriously, Trang. You need new friends 😂 (jk)
    I would add “ignoring people and relationships in my life in favor of books and making them super mad at me” LOL I do that sometimes and know it’s super awful but can’t help it! If I’m reading or thinking about a book/story/characters, there can’t be anything else on my mind 😂😂 Hey, priorities!

10. healed1337 says:

I have a couple of those, like getting multiple variant covers for comics that I really enjoy, getting, annoyed when somebody interrupts my reading, and buying a couple novels when I still have a small pile of books I haven’t read yet (more so with trade paperback collections though). Can’t say I prioritize reading above my more important obligations though. Also I’m not scared of running out, because on occasion I’ll re-read a favourite instead.

11. Jonathan Scott Griffin says:

I agree with this list through and through. How about this. Another sign you are addicted to books: Collecting obscure and forgotten antique novels, by forgotten authors, from the 18th, 19th, or early 20th century in hopes that you’ll find the next Moby Dick.