We Need Kindness

After the breaking news of Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain, I couldn’t help myself but to spark discussions around mental health. I wrote a whole rant on it on my Facebook but I realized the core of my message is that : We need kindness.

We live in a world where people tend to over idealized haters, being careless, cold-hearted *HRRM TRUMP* too much. How many times have I heard a girl saying she loves playing with boys feelings? Or a guy who proudly showed off that he completely ignored this girl message just because it’s cool? Or how many racists comments I heard about every ethnicity ever? Or the butt-hurt Star Wars fans sending hate to Kelly Tran that she had to close down completely from social media?

We need kindness. And I’m here to celebrate it. I’m here to celebrate a person that shows to me the very definition of kindness.

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « kindness quotes »

It was his birthday on the 7th of June and he has been my co-blogger 3 years ago.

And what better way to dedicate a birthday wish than to write a post about him right? So here’s why you all need a Lashaan in your life or better yet what Lashaan really taught me about kindness:

I had the chance to meet Lashaan during high school and we pretty much clicked. He was pretty shy alright and I was the typical overhyped social girl that wasn’t bothered if he’s shy or not I wanted to talk to him LOL From there I’ve known him as best friend, brother and eventually even lover and back to best friends. Throughout it all, not once has he been mean or angry at me. I know a lot of people in my life but there’s no one who has been actually this kind hearted as this guy. That’s why it makes him the best co-blogger. Because my life can get pretty hectic, and I’m a very messy girl, I miss on deadlines and can’t post anything on the blog, he’ll be here like I GOT YOU and will post something during my absence.

Or everytime a publicist will piss me off and I just want to lash out all of my anger, Lashaan will slowly remind me that they probably had a bad day too and being polite is the most important thing to keep our business network.

The most important thing however that I learned from him is to be completely selfless. Treat others how you want to be treated. I can be pretty selfish from time to time. But I don’t think I’ve ever seen him being selfish about anything. He is literally practicing Humbleness as a religion or something. And don’t think because he has such a fantastic life that he can be that way. Everyone has their struggles and their own demons, but he was brave enough to not let them define him in any way possible.

I could go on and on about his feats but I think he knows exactly how grateful I am.

So thank you dear for everything you’ve done for me, and for those of you who had the chance to interact with him, you’ll know how kind and supportive he is ❤ !

And to everyone out there, we need more humanity in this world, we need more Lashaans in this world LOL

Be a Lashaan. Join the Jedis.

trangsignature

Instagram – Facebook – Goodreads – Twitter

1. Damn. I didn’t expect this. 😳😳😳 I am truly touched by your own kindness, Trang. Thank you for everything, and know that I am blessed to have even had the opportunity to know you. Being by your side will forever be one of the greatest gift I’ll ever have had in my life. ❤

2. Happy birthday Lashaan and wow, what an amazing way to spread kindness 🙂

1. Thank you so much, Megan! ❤

3. Beware Of The Reader says:

Happy Birthday Lashaan! And yes you are right we need kindness in this world. My favorite quote is by Plato ” Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle”.

4. What a lovely post! Happy birthday Lashaan!

1. Thank you sooo much, Nicole! ❤

5. Happy Birthday Lashaan!
    What a wonderful post Trang.
    And such an important message to get out there. May there be more kindness.

1. Thank you so, so, much Nina!

1. You’re welcome. 🙂

6. thejenniferstone says:

Reblogged this on slightly charming.

7. Happy Birthday LaShaan! What a sweet post. I am still totally #TeamLaTrang 🙂

1. Hahahah thank you, Stephanie! ❤

8. Priyasha says:

TRULY SAID 👌

9. Happy Birthday Lashaan! I am a bit late but mean it with all my being 💕 I could not agree more. I may not know you in person, but as a fellow blogger you have always went above and beyond to leave meaningful comments and offer me support when I am struggling. You make logging in one of the best parts of my day. You and Trang both 💗 So thank you! We share a birthday month 😉

1. No worries, Danielle! 😉 Thank you so much for your kind words! ❤ Too much love, too much love! ❤

10. Happy birthday Lashaan! Such a lovely post Trang.

1. Thank you so much, Nicki!!! ❤

11. This is so sweet. Happy birthday Lashaan! Love you man. Hope you have the best birthday ever! Both of you are such brilliant people! Keep on rocking and being amazing!

1. Thanks man, you’re too kind. Take care of yourself, and I hope you’re beating University’s ass lately! Don’t let it beat you. 😉

12. Happy Birfday, Lashaan!
    Nicely put, Trang.
    Yeah, you can tell L;ashaan is a great guy. Somehow, it comes through in his posts, reviews and comments that he is a kind and generous person. 🙂

1. Aww man, you’re kind, my good friend. Thank you for everything, Icky. Stay awesome! 🙂

13. Well said! Happy birthday Lashaan x

1. Thank you so much, Lydia! ❤

14. Zezee says:

Aww, that’s really sweet, Trang. And thanks for sharing that about Lashaan with us. I agree that more kindness is needed and, as you’ve shown here, more appreciation of the people in our lives who mean the most to us.
    Happy Belated Birthday, Lashaan!! 🙂 I hope your new year will bring much love, peace, and joy.

1. Thank you so much Zezee! I really appreciate it. ❤

15. What a beautiful and touching post, and of course happy birthday Lashaan 🙂

16. This is such a lovely post Trang. ❤ I definitely agree after everything that's happened lately we need to focus on kindness, and see more of it out there, and I think this was a great way to highlight that. 🙂
    I loved reading yours and Lashaan's origin story, and I think you both work so well as co-bloggers. I always love seeing each of your posts and you're both such incredible people.
    Also happy birthday Lashaan, I hope you had a brilliant day! <3)

1. Thank you, Beth!!! You’re too kind! ❤

17. Rachel Suki says:

Lovely post :3 ! I have a lot of questions and you certainly DO NOT have to answer them but … How did you two meet? Why did you break up? Is it weird coblogging with their exes? How one copes with that? Does one still have feeings for the other? How does it impact your blogging?

18. Norrie says:

Omg, this post… i’m melting!!
    Happy birthday, Lashaan ❤

I totally agree with you! I'm always baffled about haters, because where the hell all that hate comes from? Don't they have better things to do? That stupid thing with the star wars actress is truly bizarre. I mean, that's a stupid movie!! How can people be that upset about shit like that?

19. Happy belated birthday!
    This post is beautiful 🙂

1. Thank you so much, Nadine!! ❤

20. What a lovely post to dedicate to Lashaan- and happy belated birthday Lashaan!! ❤

1. Thank you soo much!! ❤

21. Beautiful post! And (belated) Happy Birthday to you Lashaan! I hope you had a wonderful weekend 🙂

1. Thanks Gemma! I appreciate it. ❤ You know how we roll! Gotta make the most out of every day. 😉

22. Belated Happy Birthday Lashaan! 🙂

1. Thank you so much Raven! ❤

23. esterpiubeni.com says:

Couldn’t agree with you more! And happy birthday to Lashaan!

1. Thank you soo much Ester! ❤