As you might have noticed from our homepage, we kindly accept to do honest reviews in exchange of a book. We encourage authors and publishers to contact us through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Several authors often search for guidelines for these business inquiries and so we’re putting up this up to help everyone know what we would love to read and how to get things done.
We also encourage anyone interested in sharing their stories with us to check out our reviews on this blog. This will give you a general idea of how we reviews books, what our writing styles are like and how we visually present these reviews. Thank you so much for doing so. Knowing that you’ve read some of our reviews actually makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside. ❤
You can find all the review requests we’ve received here.
FOR AUTHOR INTERVIEWS CLICK HERE.
As far as genres are concerned, there are several categories that intrigue us the most. Nonetheless, do not be afraid to share your novel with us even if it doesn’t coincide with the following categories since we might find relief in exploring different categories:
- Comics (graphic novels and trade paperbacks)
- Young Adult
- Teen Fiction
- Short Stories
- Warm Level of Explicit Content novels (The level of sensuality is pretty moderate. Physical details of love scenes are described without having REALLY graphic images. Everything revolves mostly on feelings. Author must seem like he masters the theme through writing)
If you have a series and you would like us to review all of the novels (from the first one to the newest one), we’d kindly accept it as long as it might peek our interests. We’ll discuss the date at which you might receive your book’s review through email communication. After all, we might have other books in queue and don’t hope on being stuck on one authors series throughout the year! 😀
Although we are open to various categories, there are some genres that are not likely to interest us:
- Recipe books
- Economic books
- Craft and hobbies books
- How-to-do books / 101 guide books
- Travel guides
- Health, mind and body
If you think your book might peek our interest, here are the informations that we’d like to receive in our inbox (other than anything you’d like to share with us):
- Subject of the email: “Review Request – Title of the book“
- Format (physical copy, PDF, Epub, Mobi, etc.)
We would love to review every book that is sent to us, but the number of requests might become very overwhelming. We prefer to not refuse any requests, believing that every author has a story to tell and one to spread. Unless you contact us and give us a deadline for accepting to review, we’re sure to get through your piece as soon as possible.
- If you want your book to be featured on our blog, which also implies getting the book shared on our instagrams (bookidote with more than 1k followers), a print copy would be required. In fact, if you haven’t noticed it already from our reviews, we love to add our own photographic touch to them. A physical copy would then cover our photography needs and also increase traffic by inviting followers to check out the book in all its splendor.
- Every PDF only reviews will only get reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.You can check out the e-books requests that we read here.
- Every review request will only be done by one of us (according to our own personal interests)
- When it comes to our priorities, print copies will always come first (as soon as they arrive at our doorsteps). Afterwards, we will glady put graphic novels, short stories and poems in second since it is a lot faster to read through. Finally, all PDF only novels will be on a first-come, first-serve service. But don’t fret! You might be next on the list!
- As far as deadlines go, it would take us one to two weeks to read a novel thoroughly according to the length of course. Anything else (graphic novel, short story and poems) would probably be under a week. We are sincerely sorry if we do not abide by these estimations since we could be held up by school, work and social events. We will always keep you up to date through our email communication for our deadlines.
The number of eBook requests have reached great numbers (in a really short time) and to alert all future authors and publishers who would like us to read their book, please note the review your book deserves might only be done around 2017. If that isn’t a problem, we’d gladly note down your book and get the review done when the book is next in line.
SECOND UPDATE: We realize the number of paperback review requests is becoming overwhelming too, we won’t be taking any requests for a while. Only the ones we chose to do we will contact you. Thank you all for understanding. We wish you the best !
Upon accepting to review your work, we pledge to never skip anything in the book. We will read from the cover page to the back cover (even the fine print!).
We also pledge to give the most honest review possible. Always reminding ourselves that we want the readers to know what they are embarking themselves into. Here’s our 5 star rating system. Check it out to know why we give a book a certain rating.
We also pledge to always respond to any review submissions, even if it takes us some time before you hear from us. As we’ve mentioned previously, we might get a lot of requests as time goes by and our reading speed might not be able to catch up to the rate submissions come in. As always, patience is the key folks. We will always give you a response and if you ever think we’re taking too much time and get back to you a little too late for your taste, just let us know that our imput isn’t requested anymore!
As we continue to help authors and publishers get books known to the public, we would also love our blog to grow. It would be greatly appreciated to have the word spread of our blog and get more followers to discuss with as time goes by!
Thank you so much for stopping by and we hope your book gets the reviews it deserves!
Lashaan & Trang